In todays world environmental and internal toxins can often affect our wellbeing. Our body has natural detoxification pathways which help elimination of these nasty elements, but when overwhelmed by too many toxins we are unable to continue functioning properly and a build up may occur.
QUICK QUIZZ – If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions you may benefit from detoxification.
- Are you often tired or lethargic for unexplained reasons?
- Does poor short term memory or concentration affect your ability to function at optimal levels?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety or mood swings?
- Do you regularly suffer digestive problems such as diarrhoea and constipation?
- Do you have reoccurring headaches?
- Do you suffer regularly from muscle aches and pains?
- Do you have allergies and sensitivities?
Detoxification – We can help
At The Medical Sanctuary our health care professionals have the tools to diagnose toxicity problems and help you through a program to detoxify and rejuvenate your body. For more information about our naturopaths and holistic medicine doctors click HERE.
- heavy metals
- food additives
- bad bacteria
- Eat fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables daily.
- Avoid packaged and processed foods.
- Eliminate artificial colours, flavours and additives.
- Choose foods with low saturated fat, gluten and sugar.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Avoid recreational drugs. This includes caffeine, tobacco and alcohol.
- Drink at least two litres of pure water daily.
- Remove environmental toxins in the form of cleaning products, antiperspirants with aluminium, pesticides, herbicides, petrochemicals, paints, and hair products. Safe alternatives for all these products are available.