International Osteoporosis Foundation
1. Have either of your parents broken a hip after a minor bump or fall?
2. Have you broken a bone after a minor bump or fall?
3. For Women: did you undergo menopause before the age 45?
4. For Women: Have your periods stopped for 12 months or more (other than during lactation or pregnancy)?
5. For Men: have you suffered from impotence, lack of libido or other symptoms related to low testosterone levels?
6. Have you taken corticosteroid tablets (cortisone, prednisone, etc) for more than 6 months?
7. Have you lost more than 5 cm (2 inches) in height?
8. Do you drink heavily (in excess of safe drinking limits)?
9. Do you suffer frequently from diarrhea (caused by problems such as celiac disease or Crohn’s disease)?