- Dip. Remedial Massage Therapy, Dip. of Beauty Therapy
Jennifer is a graduate of the Academy of Natural Therapy (Gold Coast Institute of Tafe). She is also a member of the Australian Association of Massage Therapy.
Jennifer’s training as a massage therapist coupled with her background as a professional athlete provides her with a comprehensive understanding of the human body and the effects that physical training exerts upon it. Jennifer believes the physiological and psychological benefits of massage make it an ideal complement to a total conditioning program. She strives to encourage; complete body balance and wellness by tailoring each session to individual client’s needs. Her treatments can help to ease muscular pain and stiffness, or to just relax and unwind.
Jennifer enhances her treatments using combinations of essential oils. Massaged into the skin the right mixture of essential oils will help to relax, promote pain relief and alleviate fatigue, providing psychological benefits like improving the mood and reducing anxiety.
Jennifer is an experienced practitioner qualified to apply different massage techniques such as:
- Deep tissue massage to ease muscular pain and spasms.
- Trigger point technique which consists of physical therapy, manipulation and stretching. A firm digital pressure is applied by the practitioner, who is able to locate the specific points causing pain and thereby provide great relief from muscular pain and discomfort.
- Lymphatic drainage massage which assists your body's natural cleansing function. This technique is affective in the management of Lymphedema which can occur in athletes and surgical patients, as well as cancer, fibromyaliga and chronic fatigue sufferers.
- Swedish massage for relaxation.
- Hot Stone therapy which utilises both hot and cold stones incorporated with massage techniques.
- Shiatsu massage. This is a Japanese healing therapy for back pain, exhaustion, headaches, whiplash and neck stiffness, joint pain and reduced mobility, menstrual problems, digestive problems, sports injuries, depression and stress.
Jennifer is committed to offering a friendly and professional range of massage body work techniques to best suit each individuals unique needs. She pays close attention to the needs of each client. Addressing the body as a whole, and all areas of the patient to ensure their physical, mental, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.